
McKenna loves to read. However, sometimes I have found that the books she reads are a little too easy because they are just plain old fun. Not a problem, but how do I know if a book is age appropriate to help advance her reading level. A coworker of mine forwarded this link to me last week and I think it is great http://www.arbookfind.com/. It lets me put in any book McKenna reads and tells me what grade level it reads at. It has a chart to explain what each abbreviation means and it rates books in both english and spanish.
McKenna's strength is reading and I love to challenge her imagination. Once she gets immersed in a book it is hard to pry her off... especially before bedtime.... hmm. Hopefully some of you can make use of this site and it will help challenge your little readers out there. I have also included the link in our favorites on the right sidebar in case you ever want to come back to it.
Enjoy,
Uncle Tio
1 comment:
Thanks for the great tip! I'm going to go check it out. Everyone looks happy and healthy and wonderful. I'm enjoying everyone's blogs. Erin
Post a Comment