So, we never realized how attached we are to our tech stuff, especially me. Everyone knows that I love electronics. To play with, use and get creative. So, with the blog I love having the camera to instantly post pics about our family and what we do.
However, I figure I love reading about what happens in Little Rieta so why not write up my own little bit. We can't forget that this was the form of communication before all the fun fancy "toys" came about....
Parents Night Out, Games and Our Poor Lost Bunny
So, what a fun weekend! Friday night, My Gym held another one of its Parents' Night Outs! We hold this fun event every few months to let the parents have a chance to go out while we watch their kids and provide dinner and entertainment. Tonights theme: Costume Party. McKenna dressed up in her witches costume and Noah dressed up as Spiderman. We had pizza, glow sticks, a fog machine and a strobe light to make the party happen for the children. McKenna being the oldest had a lot of the girls wanting to hang out with her the whole night like a big sister. It was funny and cute watching this all play out. Noah and the rest of the superheroes (A white and blue Power Ranger, Batman and Robin and another Spiderman) were busy fighting the evil forces (the Joker and a Ninja). Of course, those of you who have boys know that this crime fighting sometimes gets a little carried away. So, of course, all the boys needed a little talk about keeping their body parts to themselves and away from each others faces!!!! So after some fun games, dancing (we turn off all the lights and made it looked like a rave), dinner and some end of the night cranky kids, we set off home with my two tired sleepy heads, one child who had an 8:30am meet time for her game.
Saturday started off nice and early with McKenna's game starting @ 9:30am. We saw McKenna shine during the second half. McKenna has always been a good teammate, never hogging the ball and passing it for great opportunities, but she always seems timid to hold onto the ball when she has the space to run with it. At half time we had a chat with her about being more aggressive and knowing that sometimes its ok for her to hold onto the ball and not just get rid of it right away. It seems that something inside her became at ease because we saw a different player out there that second half. We were so proud of her taking chances and doing things we felt she could do, but never new she could. She made beautiful passes to her teamates, she dribbled the ball in the open space and attacked with speed, she had a brilliant shining moment where she went around 3 players and dished off to the winger and to highlight it all, she had an assist for one of the goals. We know she wanted to score, you could see it in her eyes, but today was not going to be that day for her back of the goal victory. Like every game, we were so proud of her, but today was her day and it was wonderful to see her move the way she did.
Pink Strikers 2
Orange Bang 0
Next came Noah. What a rough day. Our little soccer star that scored 4 goals last time was not having his day unlike his sister. The other team was bigger, faster and just big machines hungry for goals. We put up a good fight at the beginning but the other team was just wearing us down. They had one boy who was their goal scorer. We had a hard time stopping him and yes, our winning streak was over. Poor Noah got knocked during the game in the head which shut him off completely and he was done. He told Courtney he did not want to play the rest of the game and just wanted to sit out. Well I guess we can all expect days like this, but it's always hard when it's your little guy.
Super Smash Bros. 5
Green Lightning 9
It's Sunday, a nice invite by my parents for breakfast and time to pick up our 2 older ones from spending the night at grandmas house. Today was chore day. McKenna's favorite day :o) We come back home to find that one of our bunnies are missing. Roxie and Marshmallow have been living free in our back yard for the past 2 weeks. It seems that our dogs can co-habitate with them. Anyway, after looking in all the possible hiding spots I come to the realization that Marshmallow may have run away and we are going to have to tell Noah if we don't find her by the end of the day. I went around our backyard looking to see if there was any clue that could lead me in the right direction. I found a whole under our side fence and saw that it went directly into my neighbors yard. So I head over to only find that they are still asleep at 11am and they won't answer the door. So I sneak into their backyard... I look around and see their cat coming out of a hiding place. I can only think of the worst case senario. I leave after not finding anything. "Please don't tell me the cat caught it." After a couple hours I get this nagging feeling that I need to check with our backside neighbor. There are no holes that lead into their backyard, but you just never know. I walk over and ask to go into their backyard. As soon as I open the door..... there she was! She was relaxing under a tarp next to the fence. After much chasing (she did not want to get caught) and a short walk back home, I am glad to say that Marshmallow is alright. Apparently, she had found a small gap behind our shed into the neighbors yard. Noah couldn't be happier, nor could I because I know that it would've broken the little guy's heart if she didn't come home.
Well, that was fun. Until next time. CIAO!!!
4 comments:
Hey, Hey,
That was nice of you to give a nod to Little Rieta.
Thanks for always reading along.
That is horrible about your camera. I am so sorry. I hate replacing things.
We just recently realized that our video camera was stolen. We think it happened at one of Mal's games. So sad. We had just bought it this year.
Your parents night out sounded fun. Your job sounds great. Holly went to My Gym out here on Friday and loved it.
Also, Thank Goodness you found Marshmallow. I was expecting the worst, and am relieved for all of you, but especially your kids.
Well I hope you get your camera fixed or are able to buy a new one. We love all the pictures and loved The Halloween one you sent us in the mail.
Oh no! Not your camera!! I would be extremely unhappy if my camera broke. I am so attached to my techy stuff. Your gym sounds so fun! I really need to check it out sometime. I am so glad you found Marshmallow. It would be so sad for the kids if he was gone forever.
I'm not sure what I would do if I lost my camera! ha ha It's weird how dependent on things we become!
I'm so impressed by your little athletes! Well not TOO impressed they do come from some awesome athletic parents!
And I'm glad the bunny was found...whew it wasn't the cat!
I'm so sorry your camera broke! Dis someone drop it? We've lost many a thing that way. Thanks for all the great stories of your week. I'm so glad you found Marshmallow. That would have been too sad. I once lost a little white bunny named Hop to the water depths of the Gottes Lane pool. I was only 5 I think and very sad. Glad your story had a happy ending!
Post a Comment