Monday, November 9, 2009

A Family Weekend




This was a super fun weekend.  We lucky enough to have our Nonnie and our Grandpa Mark come and stay with us for a couple of days.  On Saturday evening we went cosmic bowling!  The kids really had a fun time.  After that we went to Bobs Big Boy. a.k.a Johnnys Broiler.  It is so neat.  They have a car hop -where you get to order and eat inside your car. (Good choice with young kids), they also have a sit down restaurant and a drive thru. It was very delicious.  I liked the ice cream the best.  This weekend was also our Titos birthday.  We went to the Elephant Bar for dinner and then had cake back at his house.  We had our annual primary program on Sunday.  McKenna and Noah both did great jobs on their speaking and singing parts.  And our family also did a special music piece where we all sang: I Will Follow God's Plan For Me.  Yes you heard me right..ALL of us.  I was the most nervous about singing because I know that I am not gifted when it comes to music.  Alex enjoyed having to learn a primary song...since he is a convert.  I think it turned out pretty good though. We have been getting pretty busy lately due to the holiday season arriving.  I have started some Christmas shopping and am looking forward to more.  I was also nominated by my sister Candice and my mother to host Thanksgiving at my house this year. I'm a little scared but I know we'll have a great time being together. 

2 comments:

Katie and Mark said...

Ohhhhh! So sad I can not be there for any of that fun! It looks like a really great time.

As for the pix:

McKenna's hair is looking SO long, and she looks SO tall! Noah and Kenzie are still as cute as ever! Kenzie looks older now. Noah's ribs crack me up in the picture with Tito. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tito's cake! Where did you guys get that?

I had NO idea that is what they did to Johnny's Broiler! Very cool. Maybe we will have to go there next time I am down!

LOVE the Christmas outfits. Where did you get Noah's shirt?

GREAT POST!

Catherine said...

Courtney, Courtney, Courtney, how I wish I could have been there to see you sing in church! I'm sure you did great! How fun for you to sing with your little family. I love the Primary Program, best Sunday of the year in my book!

And how exciting to host your first Thanksgiving! I've only hosted one, it was just my little family and Paul's parents and Baby Paul was 1 week old. We picked up a complete Turkey Dinner from Mimi's Cafe! I'd rather come to your party! =D