Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey Day




Well I must say our 1st annual Henao Thanksgiving turned out to be pretty good.  We had a lot to live up since my mother has alway put on such great ones in the past.  We had a total of 15 people come..this includes our Nonnie and Grandpa Mark, Tito and Tita, and the Sanders family.  I made my first turkey....a little scary, but I did it.  And it tasted good.  We had lots of great food brought in by everyone attending.  Thanks for all the help guys. Candice and I planned to make Christmas ornaments with the kids after eating.  Pretty much Candice and I made most of them alone.We had a wonderful time with our families.

On Friday, we hung our Christmas lights-Noah really loved going up on the ladder and roof with Alex to help him.  I made a Natvity Scene (El Pesebre).  This also a 1st for me.  It's a pretty big deal on the Colombian side of our family roots.  Tita always makes such a beautiful one ever year.  So I have some big shoes to fill.  We were able to squeeze in a trip to My Gym in the evening.  Kids always love that.  Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Babs Renouf said...

Dear Alex and Courtney, thank you for sharing Thanksgiving, Downey style. The pictures relate a wonderful day, full of happy times, what is better than that? and to top it off, an apron that came from someone special from the past. hAPPY tHANKSGIVING!!

Lauriesconsult said...

A picture can say a mlin word nd your tells it all Thanksgiving wa a smasihng success. Everyone had such a great day. This weekend has
been a great one with so many family members doing so many different and fun things. Now is the night before we get to show thanks to our father in heaven for all that we have. Famlies my favorite blessings.