Every year on the weekend closest to July 20th (Colombia's Independence Day), thousands of Colombians gather together to celebrate with live music, dance, food and camaraderie. This was the first year I have taken my family (except for Mickey who had a friend's birthday party). I used to go every year with friends and family and had the best time, but have never had the chance to go with my wife and kids. Well, we finally went and we had the best time. This year it was held at the Pico Rivera Sports Arena and as you can see from the pictures that follow there was plenty of fun going on!
QUE VIVA COLOMBIA!!!



5 comments:
How fun! The kiddos look adorable! How lucky your family is to celebrate two Independence Days!
Dear Alex and Courtney, thank you for sharing a small glimpse into your happy lives. When I was young, my grandparents took us to an Italian picnic....nothing to measure up to Vive!Columbia, but fun none the less. Very fun to remember back. Heritage is something wonderful to celebrate.
Love the greats, Gramps and Babs
How fun!! I am loving the picture of McKenzie and that soda! It's so cute! They are completely adorable in their matching shirts. What an awesome way for them to connect to their heritage.
Que divertido. Tan bonitos son los ninos.
That looks like so much fun! I wish I were Colombian!!! : )
Post a Comment